The time to integrate FPGAs on printed circuit boards is growing significantly because of the increase in standards-based interfaces on high pin-count FPGAs. Additionally, design teams do not want to add layers to a board nor increase design-in time.
FPGA designers, hardware designers, and PCB designers struggle to create FPGA pin assignments that meet the goals for the entire system. In this one-hour webinar, you will see how Cadence Allegro FPGA System Planner and Allegro PCB Editor can be used seamlessly with the Xilinx PlanAhead design tool to shorten time to design-in large pin-count FPGAs and reduce PCB layer count.
Who should attend?
Relevant tools and software:
- FPGA designers
- Hardware designers
- Hardware design managers
- Xilinx PlanAhead software
- Allegro FPGA System Planner
- Allegro Design Entry HDL
- Allegro PCB Design HDL
What you will learn
- Use Xilinx PlanAhead design tool to complete an initial FPGA pin-out on a design containing an external memory interface
- Use Allegro FPGA System Planner to refine the FPGA pin assignments to better meet system-level design goals
- Generate board routing and FPGA logic/timing-aware pin assignments for the rest of the signals using Allegro FPGA System Planner
- Optimize pins from the Xilinx PlanAhead tool and IP library for a PCB without affecting the IP logic or IP timing requirements
- Generate required PCB files from the Allegro FPGA System Planner design
- Optimize FPGA pin assignments after PCB layout using Allegro FPGA System Planner
Questions About this Event?Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org