This course examines the IEEE Standard 1666-2005 SystemC Language. You do the lab exercises using the Incisive® Enterprise Simulator XL.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Present a brief executive-level summary of SystemC
- Run a simple SystemC simulation
- Appropriately choose and effectively use the SystemC data types
- Model design behavior by using SystemC processes
- Define, implement, and utilize a SystemC interface
- Explain the operation of the SystemC scheduler
- Describe and demonstrate the construction and subsequent refinement of a user-defined SystemC channel
- Examine the simulation hierarchy
- Manage user-defined attributes
- Debug a SystemC simulation
Software Used in This Course
- Incisive Enterprise Simulator XL
Note that this course can be tailored to better meet your needs – contact the Cadence training staff for specifics.
- SystemC applications
- SystemC language introduction
- SystemC data types
- Processes and events
- Interfaces and channels
- SystemC simulation engine
- Building channels
- Simulation query and control
- Debugging SystemC
- Design Engineers
- System Engineers
- Verification Engineers
You must have:
- Knowledge of hardware or software design or verification.
- Practical working knowledge of C and C++.
- Basic UNIX literacy. You must know how to use a shell and editor of your choice and navigate the file system.
- C++ Introduction for SystemC Users
- Incisive SystemC, VHDL, and Verilog Simulation
Click here to view course learning maps, and here for complete course catalogs.