This is an Engineer Explorer series course. The Engineer Explorer courses explore advanced topics.
This course gives you an in-depth introduction to the main verification features that SystemVerilog adds to the Verilog® hardware description language (HDL). It discusses the benefits of the new features and demonstrates how more efficiently and effectively you can verify hardware designs when using the new SystemVerilog constructs.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the range of verification constructs and features in SystemVerilog.
- Appreciate how SystemVerilog enables a modern verification methodology, based on constrained random stimulus, functional coverage, and assertions.
- Write class-based verification code using the SystemVerilog Object-Oriented modeling features.
- Enhance your testbenches with dynamic objects such as classes, queues, dynamic arrays, associative arrays, and strings.
- Create maximum stimulus with minimum code using constrained randomization.
- Define and analyze functional coverage for your simulations
- Integrate C code into your testbenches using the Direct Programming Interface (DPI) .
Software Used in This Course
- Incisive Enterprise Simulator L
Modules in this Online Course
- SystemVerilog Verification Overview
- Simple Verification Features
- Verification Blocks
- Transaction-Level Modeling (TLM)
- Random Stimulus
- Class-Based Random Stimulus
- Covergroup Coverage
- Queues and Dynamic and Associative Arrays
- Interprocess Synchronization
- Direct Programming Interface (DPI)
- Introduction to Assertion Based Verification
- Introduction to SystemVerilog Assertions
- Conclusions and Next Steps
You must have:
- Working knowledge of the Verilog HDL
- Completed the SystemVerilog for Design and Verification online: part 1 - Design training
- Ability to navigate a file system and use a text editor
- Basic understanding of digital hardware design and verification
System Requirements for Online Courses
- Cadence software as listed above installed and licensed
Click here to view course learning maps, and here for complete course catalogs.