Cadence® Encounter® Conformal® ECO Designer combines logic equivalence checking (for the most complex SoC and datapath-intensive designs) with functional ECO analysis and generation, design netlist modification, clock domain synchronization, and semantics checks. With a complete ECO solution that spans different parts of the RTL-to-GDSII flow, design teams benefit from automation, predictability, and the highest quality ECOs. This course provides an in-depth look at the software along with hands-on experience required to use the tool.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use Encounter® Conformal® Engineering Change Order (ECO) for flat and hierarchical design
- Generate a functional ECO patch, apply it to a design, optimize it, and map it to a specified technology.
- Run a hierarchical design through ECO and run a comparison to prove the ECO is equivalent
- Run a postmask ECO using Conformal® ECO GXL
- Learn the many options and capabilities of Conformal® ECO
Software Used in This Course
- Encounter RTL Compiler XL
- Encounter Conformal ECO Designer
- Encounter Conformal ECO Designer GXL
Note that this course can be tailored to better meet your needs – contact the Cadence training staff for specifics.
- Encounter Conformal Product Introduction
- ECO Challenges
- Front-end Functional ECO
- Hierarchical ECO
- Physically Aware ECO
- ECO Variations
- Logic Designers
- Place and Route Designers
- Verification Engineers
You must have experience with or knowledge of the following:
Or you must have completed the following courses:
Click here to view course learning maps, and here for complete course catalogs.