This Engineer Explorer course is designed around advanced topics and exploration of the software. This course does not cover basic operations. If you are not actively using the software, then you need to complete the Allegro® PCB Editor, the Allegro Package Designer, or the Allegro Design Entry HDL Front-to-Back Flow course.
In this course, you apply and verify high-speed constraints across a design process. You learn to schedule nets, control impedance on nets, control the propagation delay from your drivers to receivers, and match the propagation delay of driver and receiver pairs.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define specific net scheduling of high-speed nets
- Match the propagation delay of nets and connections
- Define minimum and maximum propagation delays for nets and connections
- Identify high-speed constraint violations
- Identify all the high-speed constraints that you can apply to the nets in your designs
- Create spacing and physical constraints as well as area constraints and class-to-class rules
- Customize worksheets
- Create formula-based constraints
- Create customized constraints using the SKILL® programming language
Software Used in This Course
- Allegro PCB Design HDL
- Allegro Design Entry HDL
Note that this course can be tailored to better meet your needs – contact the Cadence training staff for specifics.
- Database setup
- User-defined net scheduling
- Propagation delay
- Relative propagation delay
- Impedance constraints
- Total etch-length constraints
- System constraints
- Physical and spacing constraints
- Formula-based constraints
- Custom constraints
- Logic Designers
- PCB Designers
You must have experience with or knowledge of one of the following tools:
- The Allegro PCB Editor, Allegro Package Designer, or Allegro Design Entry software
System Requirements for Virtual Courses
- Click here for system requirements for attending a virtual course.
- Allegro Design Entry HDL Front-to-Back Flow
- Allegro PCB Editor Intermediate Techniques
Click here to view course learning maps, and here for complete course catalogs.