Click here for Course Preview.
In this course, you create board-level schematic designs with Design Entry HDL. You explore the integration between Design Entry HDL and other tools in the design flow, including the Allegro® PCB Editor. You follow the design flow by creating a schematic and taking it all the way through board layout.
Although board layout is introduced as part of the front-to-back flow, this is not a board layout course. Also, schematic or footprint library development is not included in this course. See the Related Courses below.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Set up new projects
- Create a flat, multi-sheet design
- Check the design
- Use part tables
- Package a design
- Create and customize a bill of materials
- Build a hierarchical design
- Use schematic properties to control part placement
- Use the Constraint Manager to define high-speed routing requirements in Design Entry HDL
- Transfer the design to the PCB Editor
- Place parts manually
- Auto-route with the PCB Router
- Compare the schematic and layout
- Synchronize design differences
- Incorporate engineering changes
- Link projects together in a team-design scenario
- Reuse a hierarchical block and associated layout in another design
Software Used in This Course
- Allegro® Design Authoring with High Speed Option
- Allegro® PCB Designer
- SPB 16.6-2015 Release or higher
Note that this course can be tailored to better meet your needs – contact the Cadence training staff for specifics.
- Getting Started
- Project Setup
- Design Entry and Packaging
- Hierarchical and Team Design
- Design Rules
- Rules-Driven Layout
- Engineering Changes
- Design Engineers
- PCB Layout Designers
- This course has no prerequisites.
Click here to view course learning maps, and here for complete course catalogs.