Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Passing multiply parameter (m) into cdl netlist in cell level through cdf parameter edit in symbol.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Passing multiply parameter (m) into cdl netlist in cell level through cdf parameter edit in symbol. 

Last post Thu, Jul 17 2014 12:21 PM by Pratap K Das. 0 replies.
Started by Pratap K Das 17 Jul 2014 12:21 PM. Topic has 0 replies and 451 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jul 17 2014 12:21 PM

Passing multiply parameter (m) into cdl netlist in cell level through cdf parameter edit in symbol. Reply

Hello,

I was trying to export a cdl netlist for a memory circuit where I want to replicate the load of seen by the driver for driving one cell (say a cell INV1) is multiplied by adding a cdf parameter "m" into the cell INV1 and assinging m=2,3 or whatever we require. By doing this the simulator actually puts the multiplied load, but doesn't include the multiplied number of cells. (eg INV1<0:3> would actually put 4 inverters in the circuit simulator which would take more time to solve). We we are concerned about the load seen only, we can retain only single INV1 but can pass a parameter m=4 so that the driver now sees 4X load than a single INV1.

To realize this in schematic, I did edit the cdf parameter "m" in the symbol of INV1. When I do ADE--> Simulation --> Netlist --> Create I can see the parameter "m" being passed into the spectre netlist correctly. But when I do the CDL export throuch ICFB window: FIle--> Export-->CDL for the cell where INV1 is instianted, I don't see the parameter m reflected in the CDL netlist.

Can anybody point me out to the correct way to do this in the CDL export too?

Hoping for a timely useful response.

Thanks in advance!

Pratap 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Pratap K Das at 17 Jul 2014 12:21 PM. Topic has 0 replies.