Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Modifying value of symbol pin property "Signal Type" in a tsg file.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Modifying value of symbol pin property "Signal Type" in a tsg file. 

Last post Tue, Jul 29 2014 7:38 PM by mellie. 2 replies.
Started by mellie 08 Jul 2014 02:43 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 622 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jul 8 2014 2:43 AM

• mellie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 26 2014
    • Oulu, Finland
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Modifying value of symbol pin property "Signal Type" in a tsg file. Reply

I'm generating a symbol from VHDL code using the tsg generator. Is it possible to modify the value of the symbol pin property "Signal Type" on a pin by pin basis from within the tsg file? The guidelines given in the TSG Symbol Description File Structure (comphelp/appB) appear to indicate that it is not possible. If it can be done, does anyone know the syntax; if not, is there any work around that doesn't involve editing the symbol afterwards?

Thanks for any and all help.

Roger.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jul 29 2014 9:20 AM

Re: Modifying value of symbol pin property "Signal Type" in a tsg file. Reply

Roger,

This doesn't appear to be supported and doesn't seem to have been requested either.  I can see (from a quick look in the source code) that there appears to be the ability to set sigType, powerSensitivity and groundSensitivity but in the symbolProps section - which seems a bit odd to me, as these would always be pin-specific.

So please contact customer support - I think we'll need to enhance this.

That said, it would be easy enough to set the sigType attribute on the net for each terminal after the symbol has been created using SKILL.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jul 29 2014 7:38 PM

• mellie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 26 2014
    • Oulu, Finland
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: Modifying value of symbol pin property "Signal Type" in a tsg file. Reply

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply; it confirms what I suspected. Yes, we have a SKILL script that modifies the property retrospectively, but it would obviously make more sense to do that modifying at symbol generation, so I'll put in an enhancement request.

Roger.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by mellie at 08 Jul 2014 02:43 AM. Topic has 2 replies.