Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > Problem on Importing GDSII file into Virtuoso

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Problem on Importing GDSII file into Virtuoso 

Last post Wed, Jun 25 2014 1:05 PM by tyyang. 0 replies.
Started by tyyang 25 Jun 2014 01:05 PM. Topic has 0 replies and 780 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jun 25 2014 1:05 PM

• tyyang
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 25 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30
    Problem on Importing GDSII file into Virtuoso Reply

I'm using Virtuoso 6.1.4-64b on University's desktop running CentOS. 

I have a GDSII file generated from SoC Encounter and I'm using the Nangate 45nm Opencell library. Before tried to import GDSII into Virtuoso, I've modified the cds.lib file and added a line to define the Nangate library directory.

What I did, basically, was I followed the instructions on http://users.ece.gatech.edu/limsk/course/ece6133/lab/virtuoso.html to import GDSII into Virtuoso. What I get after I hit "Translate" is a pop-up window of "Stream in translation complete", saying

"Info: Cellvie Rev Num:99,  Tech Rev Num:59"

"Do you wish to view the log file?"

"Yes       No"

And I click yes to see the log file, and there's nothing in it execept some headers for dates, user name, and one line of   "Info: Cellvie Rev Num:99,  Tech Rev Num:59". Nothing else.

Then I went to CIW-Tools-Library Manager, and select nangate in "Library", here is the PROBLEM----I cannot see my gdsII file's name in the "cell", the "cell" column only has all the nangate cells such as AND2_X1, AND2_X2, AND2_X4 and so on.

I don't know where I made a mistake in the process. Could you guys help me figure out what step could possibly be wrong and I'll check that? I really appreciate any help. Thank you!

PS: I have doubts on what to fill out in the "Show Options" under Virtuoso XStream In window. I left it blank.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by tyyang at 25 Jun 2014 01:05 PM. Topic has 0 replies.