Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > use of run(?sgeHardResources "Virtuoso_Multi_mode_Simulation=x") option

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

use of run(?sgeHardResources "Virtuoso_Multi_mode_Simulation=x") option 

Last post Wed, May 14 2014 1:42 AM by Battosai13. 1 replies.
Started by Battosai13 12 May 2014 08:16 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 192 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, May 12 2014 8:16 AM

• Battosai13
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 9 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10
    use of run(?sgeHardResources "Virtuoso_Multi_mode_Simulation=x") option Reply

Hi all

I am trying to use SGE for distributed simulation. When I run a simulation from ADE it all works well as expected. When I use an ocean script with the following additions for use with SGE:

hostMode('distributed')

run(?jobName "myJob" ?queue "myQueue" ?block 't ?sgehardresource "Virtuoso_Multi_mode_Simulation=2"

openResults('myJob)

The problemI ran into is that the simulations never start even though SGE starts the job and ends it successfully. I noticed that removing the sgehardresource option solves the problem and the simulation works perfectly. Unfortunatly I need this option in our setup!

The logfiles show no difference exept that the log messages of the analyses are missing (thats how I now the simulation never ran). In addition I found out that using the option produces a difference in the input.scs file. The following lines are missing:

dcOp dc write="spectre.dc" maxiters=150 maxsteps=10000 annotate=status
    dcOpInfo info what=oppoint where=rawfile
    stb stb start=1e0 stop=1e9 dec=100 probe=IPRB0 annotate=status

These are exactly the analyses I am trying to run. Am I using the sgehardresource option in the run() command wrong or is this a genuine bug?

Does anyone have experiance with this option?

Cheers, Samuel

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, May 14 2014 1:42 AM

• Battosai13
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 9 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10
    Re: use of run(?sgeHardResources "Virtuoso_Multi_mode_Simulation=x") option Reply

Hi All

I have resolved the issue: The command sgeHardResource in the oceanReference is spelled wrong. It should be sgeHardResourceSrt

run(?jobName "myJob" ?queue "myQueue" ?block 't ?sgeHardResourceStr "Virtuoso_Multi_mode_Simulation=2"

Cheers, Samuel

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Battosai13 at 12 May 2014 08:16 AM. Topic has 1 replies.