Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Find the metal polygons having a pin

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Find the metal polygons having a pin 

Last post Thu, Apr 10 2014 2:17 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by shazzy 09 Apr 2014 11:56 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 155 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 9 2014 11:56 PM

• shazzy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 2 2013
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 7
    • Points 155
    Find the metal polygons having a pin Reply

I have some metal polygons in an instance and that is called in some other other celllview on which the pins are placed.

I want to find only those the metal polygons which have pin label over them. 

I have written a code wherein the polygon is broken into rects and then pins are searched in  the rects so created, but that process involves a lot of loops thus being tedious and memory hungry. Also, checking net or pin properties of the metal ain't working.

Could you please share any new code ideas wherein the desired metal polygons can be found

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:05 AM

Re: Find the metal polygons having a pin Reply

The usual way of doing this kind of thing would be to find all the labels, and then use dbGetOverlaps with a zero-sized box using the ~>xy attribute of the label to find the shapes underneath. Not sure why you need to break the polygon up into rectangles.

Hard to give advice without seeing precisely what you're trying to do and what you're doing right now.

Andrew.

• Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:46 AM

• shazzy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 2 2013
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 7
    • Points 155

Hi Andrew

The above problem is a part of the big page code which I'm writing. 

In that we have to find the metals intersecting the prBoundary ( that's simple and done )

For those metals we have to check whether they have a pin or not 

I got your idea to find the pins and then select the figures beneath it but shall we think the other way round that if we have the metals then how to check the whether the pin is on it or not

• Thu, Apr 10 2014 2:17 AM

Are these really pins or are there just labels? If there are pins you can look for shapes which are pins easily enough.

The reason I suggested starting from the labels is that my assumption is that you have far fewer labels than shapes - so it's a matter of data minimization.

This is the kind of question it is hard to answer in a general way with no visibility of what your data looks like, what your code does so far, and what the end goal is - so maybe customer support would be a better avenue for assistance.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by shazzy at 09 Apr 2014 11:56 PM. Topic has 3 replies.