Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > PEX error in Assura

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

PEX error in Assura 

Last post Tue, Mar 25 2014 10:34 PM by whitefan. 2 replies.
Started by whitefan 07 Mar 2014 12:14 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 980 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Mar 7 2014 12:14 AM

• whitefan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 18 2013
    • Posts 19
    • Points 300
    PEX error in Assura Reply

Hello,

I am using Virtuoso front to back design environment 5.1.41 and Assura version av3.1 (sub version 3.1.7_USR1_HF5) . I created 2 cellviews. First is simple inverter where I generated its layout , DRC and LVS clean_ PEX was also successfully completed. Second cellview is of power amplifier where its DRC and LVS is clean i..e. schematic and layout is match but I stuck at PEX generation. Here I attached the pcx log file in .doc version(as it only allows to attach files with known formats) and one more thing is my working directory of cellview and layout is 'my file' and for LVS run directory is 'test2' and run name is 'ex2'. If anyone can suggest me on this then I will be very greatful. Thank you. 

• Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Mar 22 2014 10:35 PM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,071
    • Points 16,285
    Re: PEX error in Assura Reply

Hi whitefan

Your RCX log file terminated with the following list of missing library model warnings: Normal 0 false false false EN-US ZH-CN X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

*WARNING* No library model for device "N_18_G2".
    *WARNING* No library model for device "P_18_G2".
    *WARNING* No library model for device "N_33_G2".
    *WARNING* No library model for device "P_33_G2".

This means that the required symbol or auLvs views cannot be found in your technology library. There are 2 ways to resolve this:
    a. If you do not use those cells, you can simply disable "Cellview check" option in QRC "Setup" tab.
    b. If you need those cells, you will need to ensure that the necessary views (symbol or auLvs) are present. You can check the required view by examining the extractDevice, extractMOS, etc cmd in the Assura extract rules file.

Best regards
    Quek

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Mar 25 2014 10:34 PM

• whitefan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 18 2013
    • Posts 19
    • Points 300
    Re: PEX error in Assura Reply
    hello Quek, Thank you very much for your replay, I like to mention one thing here: I have a little problem with my FDK of UMC here. There are several models in library which are not shown in their respective categories, what I mean is that I have 6-7 models of resistors in my library, but when in schematic window create instance>browse>UMC it shows only one model of resistor in resistor category all other resistors are in the category of everything. These happens with some other models too which shown as "No library model for device "XXXXXX" in rcx.log file. I think the problem is related with this thing now and I don't whether it's a problem with my cadence installation or UMC library installation. If you have any idea about this then it will be very helpful to me, thank you once again. Here I am attaching 2 snapshots of my resistor problem in library (to give you an idea about what I am saying in this post.)
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by whitefan at 07 Mar 2014 12:14 AM. Topic has 2 replies.