Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to parallel or to increase the speed of simulation launching with ocean (distributed)

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to parallel or to increase the speed of simulation launching with ocean (distributed) 

Last post Tue, Feb 4 2014 5:53 AM by Andrew Beckett. 2 replies.
Started by Thomas Mallard 31 Jan 2014 01:52 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 3581 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jan 31 2014 1:52 AM

How to parallel or to increase the speed of simulation launching with ocean (distributed) Reply

Hi,

I wrote an ocean script which has to do lot of simultations. It is working perfectly well but I would like to increase its speed. Currently I use run( ?jobName jobname ?queue lsf_queue ?mail nil ) to launch the simulations, and the following environnement variables:

envSetVal("asimenv.distributed" "removeJobData" 'boolean t)

envSetVal("asimenv.distributed" "showMessages" 'boolean nil) 

The simulation launching time is about 7s/sim (everything is lauched sequentially) and ocean returns:

Delete psf data in /path/blablabla/HSPICE/schematic/distributed/7703/psf.

submitting job... 

Does anybody know a way to decrease this launching time or to launch several simulation in the same time?

Thanks.

Thomas 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Feb 4 2014 5:11 AM

• gregmf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 18 2008
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Re: How to parallel or to increase the speed of simulation launching with ocean (distributed) Reply
    I am having the same issue with paramSweep() and paramRun(?jobName jobname ?drmsCommand customCommand) It seems to take 7-10 seconds between job submissions, which doesn't really seem necessary. Greg
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Feb 4 2014 5:53 AM

Re: How to parallel or to increase the speed of simulation launching with ocean (distributed) Reply

Please can both of you report this to customer support?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Thomas Mallard at 31 Jan 2014 01:52 AM. Topic has 2 replies.