Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Skill Script for off-grid correction of donut shape?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Skill Script for off-grid correction of donut shape? 

Last post Sun, Jan 5 2014 1:33 PM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by yayla 04 Jan 2014 12:14 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1792 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:14 PM

• yayla
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 28 2011
    • Posts 48
    • Points 720
    Skill Script for off-grid correction of donut shape? Reply

Hi,

I have been looking for a Skill script which corrects off-grid edges of a donut shape in Cadence(IC6) Layout editor. I have found this script but it says it is not for donut. http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:ViewSolution;solutionNumber=1800103.

What I need to do is that I need to draw a donut for real tape but it is off-grid so I need a script for grid correction. Actually, I don't know which way is better: drawing donut in layout and putting edge of it  on grid with a script or drawing on-grid donut with Skill script from the beginning. I prefer the first one since in addition to donut I may have other off-grid shapes which need to be corrected.

I will appreciate if you can provide the Skill script for this purpose. 

Thanks,

yayla 

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Jan 5 2014 1:33 PM

Re: Skill Script for off-grid correction of donut shape? Reply

A donut cannot have its edges off grid, because they are circular - so there is no "point" on the edge (inner or outer) to be on or off grid. 

However, since the Stream format doesn't support donuts (if my memory is correct), It will automatically convert it to a polygon at stream out time. Then you'll have a multi-sided polygon with lots of vertices, which may well be off grid. 

In order to control this, you could use the convert to polygon command in the layout editor (under the Edit menu somewhere) to convert it to a polygon yourself, and then run the code to put the polygon vertices on grid.

Kind Regards,

Andrew 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by yayla at 04 Jan 2014 12:14 PM. Topic has 1 replies.