Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > PCB design for battery connector?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

PCB design for battery connector? 

Last post Mon, Nov 18 2013 1:51 PM by Cordvision. 0 replies.
Started by Cordvision 18 Nov 2013 01:51 PM. Topic has 0 replies and 758 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Nov 18 2013 1:51 PM

• Cordvision
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 18 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 105
    PCB design for battery connector? Reply
    Hi Everybody
    I have a project for which I need to use a battery connector as pictured bellow. The problem is that I can't solder any electric wires directly to the battery connector. I believe the battery connector is designed to be used on a PCB. However, I don't really understand how it is supposed to be fixed on a PCB. Can anybody tell me how such a battery connector is supposed to be attached (looks like you can't just solder it to the board, but I might be wrong)?

Also, I have absolutely no experience in PCB design, but it looks like it should be rather simple to do in one of those free programs. Are there any specific things I have to watch out for? How do I ensure that the two circuits can carry the required amperage?

Bellow you see a picture of the battery connectors and a CAD mock-up of what the PCB is supposed to look like. Also, does anybody know somebody that could make the drawings for such a PCB at a reasonable price? (I contacted a couple design firms, but I can't afford their prices).
    Any input is appreciated. 
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Cordvision at 18 Nov 2013 01:51 PM. Topic has 0 replies.