Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Get a .txt file as output in ADE-XL

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Get a .txt file as output in ADE-XL 

Last post Sat, Dec 21 2013 12:32 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by Matth83 18 Nov 2013 01:21 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1059 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Nov 18 2013 1:21 AM

• Matth83
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2012
    • Posts 13
    • Points 185
    Get a .txt file as output in ADE-XL Reply

Hi All,

I'm looking to display a .txt file as output in ADE-XL. I'm running an Ocean script on each corner which creates a text file (noise summary) that I can print directly (eg. ipcBeginProcess(strcat("nedit " outFile "&"))).

Actually, I'd like these files to be linked as outputs in ADE-XL, not being displayed automatically (that is, I'd like to open only the text files corresponding to the worst corners - having 20 or 30 report text files opened at the same time is pretty cumbersome).
    It'd be better to only have to click on an output field of a specific corner to have it displayed. When using the above expression as output ('outFile' is the path of the output file, defined as a string output with axlOutputResults()), I only get a waveform window with a dot at (0 0) displayed when clicking on the output field.

I've also tried adding another ADE-XL output to the script, but I got an MPS_ERROR with ipcUT (couldn't understand its meaning):

axlOutputResult(ipcBeginProcess(strcat("nedit " outFile " &")) "nsum.txt")
    or
    axlOutputResult(evalstring("ipcBeginProcess(strcat(\"nedit \" outFile \" &\"))") "nsum.txt")

By the way, when running the simulation without the script and reevaluating with the script afterwards, I get no error and clicking on an output field gives me back the waveform window (0,0) AND the text file... unfortunately, it's not very convenient to run the simulation and enable+reevaluate the script afterwards each time...

Thanks for your input,
    Best regards,
    Matthieu

• Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Dec 21 2013 12:32 AM

Re: Get a .txt file as output in ADE-XL Reply

You can't really do this with the OCEAN measure outputs. The reason is that during simulation, the OCEAN measure outputs are evaluated in the ICRP (i.e. the remote/background processes that ADE XL launches, which are run in -nograph mode) - so consequently you wouldn't be able to see the window anyway (assuming that it worked).

A better approach would be to add a right mouse button menu over the ADE XL output pane, so you could do RMB->Show Results. The problem with this (slightly tricky) approach is that you can't really set it up per ADE XL view - you'd have to implement a central capability which you then either use or not use each time.

Alternatively, a trigger at the end of the simulation could be set up to find the worst case results and then automatically display the log files via some criteria.

If you want more on this kind of approach, please contact customer support - if whoever you speak to needs more information on how to implement this (I've implemented similar but not identical things already, but they would need some modification before sharing), they can contact me internally.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Matth83 at 18 Nov 2013 01:21 AM. Topic has 1 replies.