Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > VIVA waveform colors/types

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

VIVA waveform colors/types 

Last post Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:23 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by Steve Mikes 15 Nov 2013 06:36 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1499 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Nov 15 2013 6:36 AM

VIVA waveform colors/types Reply

According to the information I can find, VIVA is supposed to pull the waveform color/thickness/etc data from the y0-y9 drawing layer setup in the display resource manager. This works fine when I plot waveforms from the Direct Plot menu. When I set up a waveform in ADE though and click Plot Outputs, it does not follow the same line setup. Where does ADE get the line setup information from (why is it different from Direct Plot in the first place?) and how can I change it? 

Also, just out of curiousity, there are y0-y9 drawing layers in each technology library (basic, analogLib, <myPDK>) which ones actually get used by VIVA?

Thanks! 

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:23 AM

Re: VIVA waveform colors/types Reply

The layers y0-y9 are only used for plotting signals (from ADE). This is because the same layers are used for probing signals in the schematic - the idea is that the graph trace matches the schematic probe - and so you can see which signal is which. The y0-y9 layers therefore come from the technology library attached to the schematic library, and it will use the packets associated with those layers in that technology library to determine how they are drawn.

For expressions (which is what the Direct Plot forms/menus generate), it will use the standard ViVA colours and linestyles. For the colours, the default set and order are fixed (I think) - although you can change them after plotting. The default line style is set via:

envSetVal("viva.trace" "lineStyle" 'string "solid")

I believe (and I think this is in the documentation) that the allowed valis are: solid, dot, dash, dashdot, dashdotdot

You also have the "lineThickness" which can be set to "fine",  "medium", "thick", "extrathick"

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Steve Mikes at 15 Nov 2013 06:36 AM. Topic has 1 replies.