Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Transistor Finger/Multiplier does not work

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Transistor Finger/Multiplier does not work 

Last post Fri, Dec 20 2013 11:15 PM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by EricHsu 11 Nov 2013 05:49 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1479 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Nov 11 2013 5:49 PM

• EricHsu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 12 2013
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Transistor Finger/Multiplier does not work Reply

Hello,

There is a Post about this by someone else previously. But it doesn't solve my problem. The same thing happens that I created a nmos/pmos in schematic composer and run a test to see whether multiplier works. When I change the W/L it works well, but when I change multiplier it just doesn't work.

I have checked the CDF, it shows that the inst Parameters for Spectre is (l w m ad as pd ps nrd nrs). I believe this m is multiplier. And then I check the models for Spectre. It include the subckt nch_mis. The mapping is like this:

********************************************************************************************** 

nch_mis(d g s b) nchmis w=w l=l ad=ad as=as pd=pd ps=ps nrd=nrd nrs=nrs m=multi

********************************************************************************************** 

I'm using IC 5.10.41. Do you know why my transistor multiplier does not work? 

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Dec 20 2013 11:15 PM

Re: Transistor Finger/Multiplier does not work Reply

Not really, because you didn't provide enough information.

You didn't say what you mean by "doesn't work". Probably would need to see the entire CDF to understand how it is set up, plus an example of what you're getting in the netlist. It looks as if the model is expecting a parameter called "multi" to be set on the instance - but given that you just included one line from your model files (presumably this line was within a subckt (or inline subckt) model, which had parameters defined), it's very hard to tell.

If you can't share this information in an open forum, please contact customer support.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by EricHsu at 11 Nov 2013 05:49 PM. Topic has 1 replies.