Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Special DC and Transient Analysis

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Special DC and Transient Analysis 

Last post Mon, Nov 11 2013 3:02 PM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by Flyyn Rider 11 Nov 2013 02:46 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1803 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Nov 11 2013 2:46 AM

• Flyyn Rider
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 19 2010
    • NY, OH
    • Posts 22
    • Points 305
    Special DC and Transient Analysis Reply

Hello everyone,

1) I have some simple queries regarding the aforementioned analysis. In the following discussion:

we find the guy saying that DC analysis at a paritcular instant of transience is possible. How is it possible? and how do we do this in Cadence 6 setup. 

2) I have 50 Monte carlo simulations for tarnsient analysis from 0 to 300us for a nodal voltage in some design. The nominal value for the nodal voltage is 40mV. I get variations from 36mV to 48mV. But the 50 plots vary wrt time due to some switching phenomena going on in the circuit. Therefore I want a histogram at only 55us which must show me the no of occuracne on x axis and the range of values on y axis. How can I get such a histogram at 55us in Cadence 6 environment.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Nov 11 2013 3:02 PM

Re: Special DC and Transient Analysis Reply
    1. On the transient options form, there's a field labelled infotimes . Specify the times you want to save the operating point at.
    2. I think you've got your x and y back to front, but in ADE XL you'd have an output expression such as value(VT("/theNodeName") 55u) or value(v("/theNodeName" ?result 'tran) 55u) - then you'll get a histogram for that.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Flyyn Rider at 11 Nov 2013 02:46 AM. Topic has 1 replies.