Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Delete shapes that were placed using import->sub-drawing

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Delete shapes that were placed using import->sub-drawing 

Last post Mon, Nov 4 2013 7:30 AM by steve. 3 replies.
Started by AES Engineer 29 Oct 2013 07:20 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1727 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Oct 29 2013 7:20 AM

Delete shapes that were placed using import->sub-drawing Reply

Hi all,

I'm having trouble deleting an image on the silkscreen that was placed using the import->Sub-Drawing command.

They appear to be individual shapes (which I can move by selecting them then right click and say move)  however,

when I try to delete it using edit->delete (yes everything is on in the find filter) it says:

W- (SPMHGE-623): Non associative dimensions in selection set ignored.  Use the

Dimension Environment to edit dimensions. 

Why is this? It's not a dimension. (I tried deleting it in the dimension environment anyway, but no luck)

I also tried selecting the shape then control-d. It selects the shape (highlights the vertexes which I can move)  but can't delete it.

When I say edit->properites, it calls it a symbol (with the name of the sub-drawing) and gives the x/y cordinates and says there

are no properties on it (it used to have a clip property which I deleted)

Any thoughts?

Thank you 

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Nov 4 2013 4:30 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,181
    • Points 19,215
    Re: Delete shapes that were placed using import->sub-drawing Reply

You could try a DBDoctor on the design to see if this clears this up and then allows you to delete the shapes. Can you also confirm the exact software version you are runniing from Help - About. If it's a 16.6 pXXX then get the latest hotfix from Cadence\Channel Partner.

• Mon, Nov 4 2013 6:37 AM

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I ran  DB doctor, and in the log it shows it fixed some things, but I still can't delete these shapes on the silkscreen layer.

I have version 16.5 p003 Is this a known issue? Why do I need the hotfix? ( I assume we need to renew to get it)

• Mon, Nov 4 2013 7:30 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,181
    • Points 19,215

Not that I can see but there are a few fixes/enhancements for dimensioning in the hotfixes. You might be entitled to some. Contact the company you bought the software from and they should be able to tell you. You could also send them the board file so they can investigate the issue for you.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by AES Engineer at 29 Oct 2013 07:20 AM. Topic has 3 replies.