Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to use calculator to process a set of curves in wavescan

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to use calculator to process a set of curves in wavescan 

Last post Mon, Dec 16 2013 3:50 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by bjstroll 24 Oct 2013 11:21 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 2312 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Oct 24 2013 11:21 AM

• bjstroll
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 14 2013
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85
    How to use calculator to process a set of curves in wavescan Reply

Hi,

I just use parametric analysis in virtuoso to get a set of curves and want to calculate each of their risetime.

However, I just know to choose "wave" and "clip" in the calculator to calculate one curve at one time and, you know, it is not efficient. I notice there is a "family" option beside the "wave", so how can I use this option to operate the whole set at once? or use any other methods to achieve the same goal?

I have tried to choose "family", but it prompts failure in CIW window.

regards,

stroll 

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Dec 16 2013 3:50 AM

Re: How to use calculator to process a set of curves in wavescan Reply

You should be able to take the same waveform (from the results browser, say, or by having Family selected in the calculator and then clicking on the waveform in the graph) - this should bring the expression for the family into the calculator. Then you can use the riseTime() function in the calculator with the waveform as input (you might want to use clip first to clip out that edge).

clip and riseTime (and indeed most functions) will cope with families of data as input - the clip function will return a family of clipped waveforms, and the riseTime would give you a plot of the riseTime versus the swept parameter(s).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by bjstroll at 24 Oct 2013 11:21 AM. Topic has 1 replies.