Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Way to plot different virtuoso calculator functions depending on simulation time?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Way to plot different virtuoso calculator functions depending on simulation time? 

Last post Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:04 AM by Andy Stewart. 2 replies.
Started by Andy Stewart 17 Oct 2013 08:43 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 2269 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Oct 17 2013 8:43 AM

Way to plot different virtuoso calculator functions depending on simulation time? Reply

Is there a way to plot different virtuoso calculator functions depending on simulation time?  I have 3 modes/phases in my run.  I can plot a different function for each one, but what I would ideally like is to have one plot showing function 1 up to sim time A, then function 2 from sim time A to sim time B, then function 3.

I tried using 3 clips and adding the results, but clip does not zero the result outside the selected regions, so I end up with strange offsets for each section.

Does some contrsuct like the below exist?

if (sim_time<A) function 1 else if (sim_time<B) function 2 else function 3

Andy

• Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Oct 20 2013 10:13 AM

Re: Way to plot different virtuoso calculator functions depending on simulation time? Reply

Hi Andy,

You probably want to concatenate the waveforms rather than adding - see solution 11522792 for some code which allows you to do this easily in the calculator.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:04 AM

Re: Way to plot different virtuoso calculator functions depending on simulation time? Reply

Thanks Andrew - this works fine.  Would be slightly better for me if the waveform was zero-ed between segments rather than joining the last point of one to the first of the next, but then I guess to "fix" this should be an "exercise for the reader" to learn some skill :-)

This definitely gives me what I needed - thanks!

Andy

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Andy Stewart at 17 Oct 2013 08:43 AM. Topic has 2 replies.