Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Hotkeys/ Bindkey Shortcuts

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Hotkeys/ Bindkey Shortcuts 

Last post Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:15 AM by SALIL123. 4 replies.
Started by SALIL123 13 Oct 2013 07:20 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 2577 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Oct 13 2013 7:20 AM

• SALIL123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 13 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Hotkeys/ Bindkey Shortcuts Reply

Could someone please tell me all the shortcuts available in cadence: (Scematic, Layout, Graph Window, Mixed signal, etc)Main ly the 1st 3. Any help would be helpful.

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Oct 14 2013 4:29 AM

• wschwab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 19 2010
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135
    Re: Hotkeys/ Bindkey Shortcuts Reply

You get all bindkeys by the menu item Options -> Bindkeys.. in CIW Window

Regards

Werner

• Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:29 AM

• SALIL123
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Werner sorry but I meant the hot keys available in cadence plots.

For instance:

(m) can be pressed to find the values of the graph at a paticular point.

(a) can be pressed to find the difference in the values between two points on the graph.

Are there any more hot keys. Is there any link on your website linting them.

Also on a parallel note:

After I log onto my account cadence website, how do I directly go to the page I have posted on (like we do on normal social networking sites).

This I am asking this as a shortcut to having to find the page of the particulat forum 1st and then finding my discussion.

I am asking something of the sort of having direct links on my cadence profile page for links of pages I have posted on or I have subcribed for.

Thank You
  • Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:45 AM

If you meant "the hot keys available in cadence plots" (whatever that means), then why did you explicitly ask for Schematic and Layout?

If you're talking about the ADE or ViVA graph window, then it will depend upon which version you're using - and you didn't mention that. If it's IC615 or IC616, then the bindkeys are in the same place (the Options->BindKey form). If you're using IC614 or before, you can see them in the pull-down menus in the graph window next to the action, and you can also see some in Help->Shortcut Keys. Also, if custom keys have been loaded, they'll show up in the the Options->BindKeys under "wavescan").

There's no link on the web site showing them - because they're customizable, and so may be different for different customers or even different users, depending on what they've chosen. 

For your second question, go to Community (just click on the link at the top) or Community->All Forums. You'll see  your name on the right side, with Edit My Profile, View Profile etc. Just click on your name, and then there's an option to "Search for posts by Andrew Beckett" (that's what I see) - this will be sorted by date from most recent first. If you use Community->All Forums you can click on Forum Subscriptions and see which forums you're subscribed to.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:15 AM

• SALIL123
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Andrew thanks a lot for the help.

As for my 1 question in the last post sorry I should have been more specific. I meant to write:

"Werner sorry but I meant for instance, the hot keys available in cadence plots."

instead of,

"Werner sorry but I meant the hot keys available in cadence plots."

As for the 2nd question I am new to cadence and its community, so please pardon the trivial questions :).

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by SALIL123 at 13 Oct 2013 07:20 AM. Topic has 4 replies.