Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Power Integrity

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Power Integrity 

Last post Thu, Sep 26 2013 7:43 AM by Manvir Singh. 0 replies.
Started by Manvir Singh 26 Sep 2013 07:43 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 138 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Sep 26 2013 7:43 AM

• Manvir Singh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 26 2013
    • Siegen, Nrth Rhine Westfalia
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5
    Power Integrity Reply

Hello 

I am a student and just started my masters project work.Its about power integrity.I have some doubts regarding the A.C analysis. I am confused about the term Frequency of interest and how to calculate it for a particular I.C.

What is the expression to calculate the frequency of interest in terms of impedance.My professor asked me to calculate the impedance limit for a I.C pin at a frequency of interest. Nothing is mentioned in the data sheet about frequency of interest.I know how to calculate the target impedance of a power rail but do not know which will be the frequency at which, I have to maintain the value of I.C pin impedance below the target impedance.

Some I.C manufacturers give frequency of interest values as well as the impedance value but some dont.

I have read one document from cadence in which they mentioned the formula for target impedance.But on page 7 what is ? Is it frequency of interest or something else?

Please follow the below link from Cadence Allegro for the reference:- 

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDIQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.apc.univ-paris7.fr%2FDownloads%2Felect%2FROSCOFF_JJJ%2FSAINSON_PI.ppt&ei=w0ZEUujAN-KM7QaIroCQDQ&usg=AFQjCNEr1Ij2OWbCazojPEvfTsKaWkqQxw&bvm=bv.53217764,d.ZGU

Please help me.I will be thankful to you.

Looking forward to hear from your end soon.

Regards

Manvir Singh 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Manvir Singh at 26 Sep 2013 07:43 AM. Topic has 0 replies.