Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Missing components in bom and pcb editor 16.5 place manually option

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Missing components in bom and pcb editor 16.5 place manually option 

Last post Mon, Sep 9 2013 8:18 AM by steve. 1 replies.
Started by shreeja 07 Sep 2013 12:57 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 352 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:57 AM

• shreeja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 21 2013
    • Posts 6
    • Points 305
    Missing components in bom and pcb editor 16.5 place manually option Reply

Hi,

Im using cadence 16.5 version tool. i used many no of resistors in my schematic, when i generating a BOM, there is no one component in resistor name which i was using. i created netlist also and opened in editor tool, im not even seeing the single resistor in the place manually options. but other components are there except resistor. what im doing wrongly?

thanks in advance

shree

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Sep 9 2013 8:18 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,211
    • Points 19,710
    Re: Missing components in bom and pcb editor 16.5 place manually option Reply

Are there three netlist files produced in the outputs section of the project window ? If not then the netlist failed and the errors are listed in the session log. If this is OK look for a file called netrev.lst in the project directory (same place as the netlist files) to see if there are any errors.

The BOM's use the properties defined for the components to output. Is the BOM cobined property string defined to match properties for the component (Value, Part Number etc). If not then set this up following the format of the defaults \t{propertyname}\t{propertyname] etc

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by shreeja at 07 Sep 2013 12:57 AM. Topic has 1 replies.