Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ADE-XL/Spectre unobtrusive stb with iprobe

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ADE-XL/Spectre unobtrusive stb with iprobe 

Last post Tue, Aug 27 2013 2:11 PM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by daasboe 22 Aug 2013 04:29 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 383 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Aug 22 2013 4:29 AM

• daasboe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 7 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65
    ADE-XL/Spectre unobtrusive stb with iprobe Reply

Hi,

Is it possible, or plans to add, possibility to add an iprobe to a pin without changing the schematic? In ADE-XL I would like to use this to perform unobtrusive stb analysis, as possible in eldo by mentor graphics. Just add a spectre file with an iprobe on for instance feedback input transistor of an OTA to ADE-XL test setup and select this iprobe in stb analysis. What I imagine this iprobe would be doing is inserting a 0 V source between the pin and the connecting wire only without changing the schematic directly. 

Best regards,
    Daniel 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Aug 27 2013 2:11 PM

Re: ADE-XL/Spectre unobtrusive stb with iprobe Reply

Daniel,

A good idea, but unfortunately spectre doesn't have the equivalent of .IPROBE. An iprobe in spectre is a component, and so you have to insert it yourself.

Interestingly I'd been talking about something similar with R&D today, and reiterating a suggestion I made a while ago which was to allow the stability analysis to reference the terminal of a device - and for the stb analysis to insert the iprobe for you - this would achieve the same end (CCR 393567)

Either way, the best thing would be to contact customer support and ask for an enhancement request - either an equivalent of .IPROBE, or something along the lines of what I suggested above (mention the CCR number when you contact customer support).

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by daasboe at 22 Aug 2013 04:29 AM. Topic has 1 replies.