Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to attach the cdl netlist with cdl view

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to attach the cdl netlist with cdl view 

Last post Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:02 PM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by scorashu 20 Aug 2013 10:54 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 554 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:54 PM

• scorashu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 21 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    How to attach the cdl netlist with cdl view Reply

Hi Forum,

Is there any possible way in Virtuso to attach a "cdl" netlist with the "cdl" (or auCdl) view?

My objective is as follows:

I have a cdl netlist and symbol for a gate, I somehow want to associate this netlist to the cdl (or auCdl) view and ship it to other guy.

He should then be able to extract the cdl netlist (for LVS) using the symbol which I have sent in his design (by making cdl as view serach list)

Is this possible in IC61x Virtuoso?

Regards,

Ashish 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:02 PM

Re: How to attach the cdl netlist with cdl view Reply

Hi Ashish,

If you search in cdnshelp for "CDL_NETLIST_FILE" you'll get the instructions on how to do it with auCdl. I've prepared an example, attached.

In this - there's a "text" view called exampleLib/myblock/cdlNetlist - and this has the CDL netlist in the text.txt file inside the view. I thought this was best so that it was design manageable.

There's a schematic for myblock, which we won't use because there's a stopping view called auCdl for myblock (a copy of the symbol view). I then opened the auCdl view and added a cellView property, CDL_NETLIST_FILE set to "../cdlNetlist/text.txt" - i.e. a relative path relative to the auCdl view to point at the neighbouring view.

It's also important for the auCdl simInfo for myblock to be correct - and to have the termOrder matching the terminal order in the textual netlist.

Finally, you need to set:

auCdlEnableNetlistInclusion=t

In your .simrc file to enable this inclusion. In the testcase I put it in the .simrc file in the working dir, but typically you'd have a central one - I'm assuming you do already for other reasons?

In the testcase you can netlist exampleLib/top/schematic - and you'll get a netlist similar to the file called netlist in the testcase.

I think this does what you want!

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by scorashu at 20 Aug 2013 10:54 PM. Topic has 1 replies.