Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Anti etch shape not visible in gerber artwork

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Anti etch shape not visible in gerber artwork 

Last post Wed, Jul 31 2013 1:31 PM by mcatramb91. 1 replies.
Started by Troglobyte 30 Jul 2013 03:22 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 378 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jul 30 2013 3:22 PM

• Troglobyte
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 30 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Anti etch shape not visible in gerber artwork Reply

Hello all

I am using PCB Editor 16.3.  I have some areas of copper voids on my ground and power layers (negative artwork).  The shapes are visible in the .brd file and is of the class "Anti etch/Ground" and "Anti etch/Power".  I have added these classes to my artwork control form but I don't see the shapes in the resultant gerber files.  Anyone have any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

thanks

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jul 31 2013 1:31 PM

• mcatramb91
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 3 2013
    • Chelmsford, MA
    • Posts 101
    • Points 4,995
    Re: Anti etch shape not visible in gerber artwork Reply

When generating a negative artwork, the shapes on the artwork layer will become clear (negative image) so you will not see the shapes that you have defined on "Anti Etch/Ground" and "Anti Etch/Power".  Defining the copper voids as lines on Anti Etch will show up in a negative artwork output.

Not sure what you are exactly trying to do but if you copy the "Anti Etch/Ground" and "Anti Etch/Power" shapes to "Route Keepout/Ground" and "Route Keepout/Power" they will add copper voids on the plane shapes, granted the plane shapes are dynamic. 

You could also manually add copper voids to the plane using Shape > Manual Void but I would recommend using Route Keepout shapes and changing your plane shapes to Dynamic, if they are not already.  Using Dynamic shapes on a Negative artwork layer is perfectly fine with the added benefit of automatically voiding Route Keepouts.

Hope this helps,
    Mike Catrambone

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Troglobyte at 30 Jul 2013 03:22 PM. Topic has 1 replies.