Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > How to change package design(.dra) to reflect in layout after placement of component is done

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to change package design(.dra) to reflect in layout after placement of component is done 

Last post Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:49 AM by steve. 1 replies.
Started by Varun1610 16 Jun 2013 10:40 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 455 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:40 PM

• Varun1610
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 8 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 95
    How to change package design(.dra) to reflect in layout after placement of component is done Reply
    I have made some modifications in the package file of a component (say changed the silkscreen or place bound), 

So I know by ECO mode the changes I made are getting reflected in the library. 

But if suppose I have placed the components already, in the board layout(.brd) , those changes are not getting reflected, 

Let me know where I am going wrong.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:49 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,054
    • Points 16,990
    Re: How to change package design(.dra) to reflect in layout after placement of component is done Reply

In the board file try Place - Update Symbols, then check the boxes for the parts that have changed (Package Symbols) and check the required boxes if padstacks have changed etc or if you need to ignore the FIXED property then click on Refresh,

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Varun1610 at 16 Jun 2013 10:40 PM. Topic has 1 replies.