Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ADE XL annotation affects schematic hierarchy

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ADE XL annotation affects schematic hierarchy 

Last post Fri, May 17 2013 1:11 AM by Rowlf. 2 replies.
Started by Rowlf 14 May 2013 02:50 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 658 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, May 14 2013 2:50 AM

• Rowlf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 14 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    ADE XL annotation affects schematic hierarchy Reply

I am running simulations in ADE XL (version 6.1.5-64b.500.132), and I have the schematic open in a second window. Usually I have to descend several levels down into the schematic hierarchy to find the circuit I'm interested in. When I ask ADE XL to annotate DC node voltages, or an operating point or whatever, then it displays those values on the schematic, but it also goes all the way back up the schematic hierarchy. That's quite inconvenient, because now I have to descend all the way back down to the circuit I was working on.

The same thing also happens when I choose one of the "print" options (like "print DC operating point"), or a "direct plot" option. Is there a way to keep the schematic at its current level of hierarchy when using these functions?

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, May 16 2013 2:05 AM

Re: ADE XL annotation affects schematic hierarchy Reply

Not really. It's a known issue. In IC616 this is a lot better behaved - although there are still a couple of places where it pops up to the top again. If you find remaining situations when you move to IC616 that still do this, please report them to customer support.

The annotation capability has had a major overhaul in IC616 and has a lot of new functionality to address long-standing limitations. Still a few things to be added, but the framework is now there to allow us to innovate.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, May 17 2013 1:11 AM

• Rowlf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 14 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Re: ADE XL annotation affects schematic hierarchy Reply

Ok, thanks. It's just a little annoyance, but it's been bugging me for years now, so I'm glad to hear it should be fixed in the next version :-)

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Rowlf at 14 May 2013 02:50 AM. Topic has 2 replies.