This gets into direct tool flow support. What company do you work for? Do you have a Cadence AE that you work with?
In summary if you want to see what a modeinit looks like, do the following in the ET GUI:
- Pull up the GUI for the tbdata you are working with
- Go to Report->Sequences..
- Load in testmode name.
- Change Pattern Format to node
- Type in Outputfile name
- Click on Advanced tab and select "as scan load events"
- Click OK and then click Run. This will output a file for you that contains the current modeinit sequence that is default for that testmode. You would nee to add your setup sequence to that modeinit and then use that to build your new testmode.
Also. The commandline for above would look something like this:
report_sequences outputfile=XXX.seq format=node testmode=YYY compact=fill
For further support please consult support.cadence.com.