Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > MySQL with Orcad CIS Table Property type for Part Number

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

MySQL with Orcad CIS Table Property type for Part Number 

Last post Mon, Apr 22 2013 2:27 PM by Khurana. 2 replies.
Started by Dipak Desai 21 Apr 2013 08:18 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 868 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:18 AM

MySQL with Orcad CIS Table Property type for Part Number Reply

Hi

I am new to setting up a MySQL parts data base however I have managed to use MySql Community version to create a small database jus one table and 2 or 3 row. All i was trying to do is create a table and connect to the databse from Orcad CIS. It went fine i was able to do all of these but when I went to configure CIS I keep getting the ERROR #8023

ERROR #8023 The Table Propoerty Type of field Part Number in table main parts is not TEXT, STRING or CHARACTER

I have this property set as CHARACTER, i have also tried to set it to TEXT and then to Varablecharacter but every time i keep getting the ERROR #8023.

Can some one please help me.

Best regards

Dipak

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Apr 22 2013 2:05 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,371
    • Points 23,350
    Re: MySQL with Orcad CIS Table Property type for Part Number Reply
    I have attached a sample script to create the tables for a CIS database called "cisdb" using MySQL, you don't have to use this script but it will give you an idea of the required data fields and data types.
    • Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Apr 22 2013 2:27 PM

• Khurana
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 14 2008
    • Posts 238
    • Points 3,300
    Re: MySQL with Orcad CIS Table Property type for Part Number Reply

We're doing this and did have problems earlier but don't remember the cause or fix but I think it had to do with one of the table names being a reserve MYSQL word.  Try changing the field name to something else without a space (include an underscore or something).  And, sounds like you already tried VARCHAR but if not then try changing type to VARCHAR(<number>) where<number> is a numerical number such as 40 or 80...

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Dipak Desai at 21 Apr 2013 08:18 AM. Topic has 2 replies.