Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > How to make layout from schematic......??

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to make layout from schematic......?? 

Last post Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:04 PM by ScottCad. 1 replies.
Started by RITESH KAKKAR 28 Mar 2013 09:31 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 703 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Mar 28 2013 9:31 AM

How to make layout from schematic......?? Reply

Hi,

I am using orcad 9.2 version, i need your help for making layout for PCB with gerber file.

so far schematic is created in capture, the netlist is created showing lots of error with taht schematic. For testing i have made another small circuit showing no error while netlist but in layout plus showing no lib found but i have insatlled it or should i add more...

please help me here is my schematic pls change .DSN(no option for uploading file?)

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/7HWWL6XyD/

Thanks

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:04 PM

• ScottCad
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, May 25 2012
    • Roswell, GA
    • Posts 176
    • Points 2,775
    Re: How to make layout from schematic......?? Reply

A few pointers.

The symbols in the orcad capture libraries contain no footprint information. They are just schematic symbols only.

What you have to do is the following.

Double click on your symbol to bring up the properity sheet for the symbol. Then using the slider in the properity sheet move it until you see the PCB Footprint colum. In this colum you enter the name of the footprint you wish to use.

To make it easy you can open up the layout library manager and look at the footprint names for the particular footprint then you will know what footprint name to put in the properity sheet in capture.

Looking at your design you should also think about enabling the power and ground pins so they are visible on the IC's otherwise they wont have power and ground net connections. To do this left click on the part then right click "Edit Part", click on the pins that have zero length and change the shape to short also click the box make pin visible. When this is done close the symbol editor and choose update all when prompted. This will update your design and pop you back to the schematic.

The help file in capture is pretty good so have a look there too on how to create a schematic and create a board from it.

Scott.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RITESH KAKKAR at 28 Mar 2013 09:31 AM. Topic has 1 replies.