Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Changes not saved, cannot update the env file (check permissions of file and its directory): env

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Changes not saved, cannot update the env file (check permissions of file and its directory): env 

Last post Mon, Mar 25 2013 3:04 AM by steve. 1 replies.
Started by TAyres 22 Mar 2013 03:39 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 790 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Mar 22 2013 3:39 PM

• TAyres
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 6 2013
    • Posts 26
    • Points 530
    Changes not saved, cannot update the env file (check permissions of file and its directory): env Reply

I get the error in the Subject line when I try to change my paths; I have tried running the program as administrator. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks,

-Travis 

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Mar 25 2013 3:04 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,242
    • Points 20,210
    Re: Changes not saved, cannot update the env file (check permissions of file and its directory): env Reply

Your IT admin can "fix" these locations so that you cannot edit the variables. It's as simple as adding readonly psmpath in your env file just below the setpsmpath variable. To check in Allegro type readonly at the command line and you will see if there are any variables set.

If it's not that then it might be that you don't have write permissoins  to the dir where the env file is stored.  

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by TAyres at 22 Mar 2013 03:39 PM. Topic has 1 replies.