Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Help regarding pop-push of a LIST

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Help regarding pop-push of a LIST 

Last post Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:14 PM by Neeraj Vardhan. 37 replies.
Started by Neeraj Vardhan 04 Mar 2013 08:09 PM. Topic has 37 replies and 3007 views
Page 3 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:50 PM

Re: Help regarding pop-push of a LIST Reply

Hi Andrew,

i would like to state it with an example. Can i use enterPath function for a path as shown below

what i want to draw :

M1_metal                           M2_metal                  M3_metal 

------------------------------**************************+++++++++++++++ 

What the enterPath functions do

M3_metal 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Because when i use the enterFunction for drawing a straight path, it picks up the first point and end point of the path, irrespective of how many clicks you do in the straight line. I tried to click once and then change the metal layer, but it couldnt pick the point as it was a straight path and converted the whole path to last layer change path. 

It picks the point when there is a direction change of the path, i.e if i am routing path1 in x-axis then in y-axis it picks the point. But if i route and try to change the layer in x-axis it wont. 

Regards

Neeraj 

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:58 PM

Neeraj,

Did you try the suggestion in my previous post? You don't necessarily have to add the leSetEntryLayer() in your bindkey definition - it could just be used to end and re-start the path and you can change the layer using the LSW (after you've restarted the path creation, since it only actually uses the entry layer when the path is created at the end).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:06 AM

Hi Andrew, I haven't tried it yet. I am Out of office today. I will try it and return back if i see any problem. Regards Neeraj
    • Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Mar 12 2013 2:09 AM

Andrew, I have tried your approach. But its very slow, the enterPath function has to end and recalled for every metal change. I am using a different approach, where i first save the path points and the entryLayer between the points. This makes my life simpler while routing. Is there any possible approach, where i use the enterPath function and it saves all the points for single click of mouse. and not depending on the direction change. Regards Neeraj
  • Tue, Mar 12 2013 4:00 AM

Neeraj,

I don't see it as being slow myself, but I'm not really sure what you're doing that is different from the code I sent. Maybe you could alter the  nvCreatePathDoneProc function so that rather than recording the list passed in each time, you record the new last point and add to the previous list - that would allow you to collect colinear points. However, using backspace to remove the last point wouldn't really work then, and it would be very confusing to the user, I think, unless you actually create the paths as you go along.

Regards,

Andrew

• Tue, Mar 12 2013 9:05 PM

Andrew,

I am saving all the points and the valid entry layer at that point first and then modifing the paths and via's according to the direction of the path is going. Yes, the way you mentioned also works great. I am currently trying it out to make sutable to what we want here.

I just wanted to know why cant we add a mouse click co-ordinates also to the enterPath function. Just to improve my knowlege what could be possible wrong, if we do that.

Regards

Neeraj

• Wed, Mar 13 2013 2:30 PM

Hi Neeraj,

This is probably because in general enterPath would be used to construct a single path, and co-linear points are not allowed in OA (and not desirable in CDB).

So we don't (as far as I know) have any option to retain the co-linear points.

Andrew.

• Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:14 PM

Thanks Andrew,

Hope then, am left with only the option you stated. To break between every change of layer. 

Regards

Neeraj 

• Post Points: 5
Page 3 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts:
Started by Neeraj Vardhan at 04 Mar 2013 08:09 PM. Topic has 37 replies.