Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > Flip Chip Routing Problems in Encounter

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Flip Chip Routing Problems in Encounter 

Last post Wed, Feb 27 2013 7:44 AM by Kari. 1 replies.
Started by lcaley 17 Jan 2013 10:03 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1092 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jan 17 2013 10:03 AM

• lcaley
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 16 2013
    • Posts 7
    • Points 110
    Flip Chip Routing Problems in Encounter Reply

Hello,

I'm working on a design that's giving me some trouble. The IO is different than any design I've done before. I need some of the IOs to be routed to traditional pads on the edge of the chip, and some of the IO routed to flip chip bumps. To help with the troubleshooting, I have created a new verilog netlist with only the AREAIO pad driver, driven by primary inputs, and outputs to a single bump. Up until recently, when I executed the fcroute command, Encounter would hang after giving a cryptic, repeated warning about "too many geometries". However, since then, I have changed something (no idea what) and that seems to have stopped, and I can't even force it. So, I apologize for the incomplete information. Now, the command completes successfully with no warnings or errors, but it refuses to route the signal. In the terminal, it shows a message of "Number RDL connection routed: 0 open: 1". In the Encounter window, there is a white 'X' on both ends of the would-be connection. When I open the Violation Browser, it simply shows two errors that are "Other > Connectivity > Open" with no explaination of why it could not make the connection. 

I really do not know what steps to take next; all documentation I have been able to find supports my method, and I have no warnings or errors to investigate. I'm sure the information I have provided is incomplete for a solution, but I do not know what all is needed. I appreciate any help you all can give, and I will gladly give any/all additional information required.

Thanks in advance! 

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Feb 27 2013 7:44 AM

• Kari
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Cary, NC
    • Posts 693
    • Points 14,395
    Re: Flip Chip Routing Problems in Encounter Reply
    if you try the point-to-point router, can the route for a paricular bump/IOpad connection be made?
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by lcaley at 17 Jan 2013 10:03 AM. Topic has 1 replies.