Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Changing width while manual routing

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Changing width while manual routing 

Last post Thu, Jan 17 2013 4:56 AM by TH Designs. 2 replies.
Started by TH Designs 16 Jan 2013 06:57 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 644 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jan 16 2013 6:57 AM

• TH Designs
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 13 2012
    • Warminster, PA
    • Posts 269
    • Points 4,370
    Changing width while manual routing Reply

When I go to change trace width while routing, I go to the drop down box under options for "Line Width" and there are 14 entries with 21474836.00. This number also appears in the "Miter" drop down box.

What does this number represent and how do I get rid of it?

Tom

Using PCB Editor, Standard, Latest ISR

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jan 17 2013 1:52 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,163
    • Points 18,900
    Re: Changing width while manual routing Reply

The number has either been added by you (or if you changed the units it might be a rounding from mils to mm or similar). This list is stored by PCB Editor for any manual override line widths that you have added. To clear the list, LMB in the line width box and use the backspace key until it is gone then press the TAB key and you will get a confirmation to delete the width.

It might be better to use Constraint Manager to define and drive the line widths of the nets. Then when you route this value is set already.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jan 17 2013 4:56 AM

• TH Designs
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 13 2012
    • Warminster, PA
    • Posts 269
    • Points 4,370
    Re: Changing width while manual routing Reply
    steve:

The number has either been added by you (or if you changed the units it might be a rounding from mils to mm or similar). This list is stored by PCB Editor for any manual override line widths that you have added. To clear the list, LMB in the line width box and use the backspace key until it is gone then press the TAB key and you will get a confirmation to delete the width.

It might be better to use Constraint Manager to define and drive the line widths of the nets. Then when you route this value is set already.

Hi Steve,

Those values were there the first time I went to the drop down box.

I do use CM to set specific widths, but there are times when I need to have one net take on different widths depending on where it is in the circuit. I do a lot of designs that utilize higher current where I might have a main power bus of one width and branch off of that to individual circuits with a different width. Same net, different widths.

Tom

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by TH Designs at 16 Jan 2013 06:57 AM. Topic has 2 replies.