Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Is there a way to recover an adexl view that's missing its data.sdb file?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Is there a way to recover an adexl view that's missing its data.sdb file? 

Last post Wed, Jan 23 2013 12:15 PM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by 123deepa 15 Jan 2013 05:06 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 672 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jan 15 2013 5:06 PM

• 123deepa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 7 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Is there a way to recover an adexl view that's missing its data.sdb file? Reply

I created an adexl view, ran simulations, saved and closed it. Accidentally my virtuoso session crashed for some reason and the next time I restarted virtuoso, I can't open the adexl view I had previously saved. I looked at the unix directory and the data.sdb file for that adexl view had gotten deleted (again, I'm not sure why this file got deleted during the virtuoso crash)

Now, is there a way I can recover this adexl view, meaning, is there a way to open this adexl view or copy the tests setup from this adexl view to another view and open it? I had a lot of corners and sweeps setup and looking for a way to recover them without having to re-do the setup again.

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 12:15 PM

Re: Is there a way to recover an adexl view that's missing its data.sdb file? Reply

Not really. However, you can get the information associated with each test - i.e. the analyses, options, local variables, outputs by creating a new test in a new adexl view, and then using the "Load State" form in the ADE XL test editor (or via RMB over the test name), picking directory, and navigating to the "test_states" dir within the old adexl view. You'll be able to load a state called something like theOldTestName_active.

You won't get any global variables you've altered, or any specs, or any corners, or any parameterization, but at least you should be able to recover the test set up this way.

I don't know why the data.sdb would have gone - I've not seen that happen before.

Perhaps using some design management software might be a good protection against this happening in the future?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by 123deepa at 15 Jan 2013 05:06 PM. Topic has 1 replies.