Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Transient Noise Analysis for clocked circuit and % of contribution of each components at arbitrary time

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Transient Noise Analysis for clocked circuit and % of contribution of each components at arbitrary time 

Last post Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:29 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by Apolama 20 Sep 2012 06:22 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1141 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:22 AM

• Apolama
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 20 2012
    • seoul, South Korea
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Transient Noise Analysis for clocked circuit and % of contribution of each components at arbitrary time Reply

Hi All, 

I want to perform noise analysis for my clocked comparator where the input voltages (inp,inn) vary from cycle to cycle. As a result the conditions of the input MOSFETs change. Therefore the noise contribution also changes as it depends on the saturation level (region of operation) and temperature also.

I tried Transient noise analysis under tran simulation. But this analysis gives only the total noise voltage at perticular node. I can only observe the (actual voltage+total randon noise due to all component) at any node at any time (at any instant of total simulation time). But I cant find/separate the nosie contributoin of  each components of my comparator. 

Is there any way to calculate  % of contribution of each components at arbitrary time?

transient 

The above picture is the output of an cmos inverter where we can see the total transient noise for several clock cycles. it is obvious that the noise contribution of PMOS for one cycle can be chahged for other cycle (When output is high most of the noise is from PMOS and from NMOS when output is low).

I want to observe the noise contribution of each components for multiple cycles (any time of whole simulation).

Thanks in advance.  

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:29 AM

Re: Transient Noise Analysis for clocked circuit and % of contribution of each components at arbitrary time Reply

You could use the "timedomain" (tdnoise) mode of pnoise analysis for this.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Apolama at 20 Sep 2012 06:22 AM. Topic has 1 replies.