Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > the virtuoso tells me :argument #1 should be addUserType (type template = 'b') -nil

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

the virtuoso tells me :argument #1 should be addUserType (type template = 'b') -nil  

Last post Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:31 PM by Andrew Beckett. 19 replies.
Started by calla dai 08 Dec 2011 06:37 AM. Topic has 19 replies and 5622 views
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Dec 14 2011 1:50 AM

Re: the virtuoso tells me :argument #1 should be addUserType (type template = 'b') -nil Reply

You're mixing up files and directories which is a bit confusing. I wondered whether the .cadence/dfII/history/userName.history file caused problems if it referenced cellViews that have subsequently been deleted, but I tried that and that's not it. I can only imagine that the file has got corrupted somehow, since if that's all you have it probably must be that. The old .cadence must also have a dfII direectory.

Anyway, it's not worth worrying about - if that's all that was in the .cadence directory, you've not lost anything of importance by moving it aside. It probably was not a significant error anyway...

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:54 PM

• mbchang
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 6 2012
    • Posts 9
    • Points 150
    Re: the virtuoso tells me :argument #1 should be addUserType (type template = 'b') -nil Reply

Andrew,

I met the same error message when I'm using ADEXL to submit AMS simulations.  When I select "specify instances/Devices" button in the Monte Carlo window I get the following error message in the icfb window:

*Error* ddMapGetFileViewType: argument #1 should be a ddUserType (type template = "b") - nil.

I tried other simulator and it seems to work fine. Do you have any ideas about this?

Thanks. 

• Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:59 AM

Which simulator (what's the simulator called in the test setup) are you using? Which version of both Virtuoso and the simulator are you using (please give the subversions)?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:23 AM

• mbchang
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 6 2012
    • Posts 9
    • Points 150

Andrew,

I am using Virtuoso 6.1.5. cic 6.1.5.500.13p1_427.  simulator used is ams. analog solver is spectre (spectre-11.10.509).

Does ADE XL support AMS+Monte Carlo sims?

Thanks!

• Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:31 PM

This should work - and I don't get that error. Please log a service request to follow this up in more detail with an application engineer (I can't find any reports of such an error)

Regards,

Andrew

• Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts:
Started by calla dai at 08 Dec 2011 06:37 AM. Topic has 19 replies.