Home > Community > Forums > Functional Verification > How to model the following twisted pair cable in PSPICE? Help ASAP

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to model the following twisted pair cable in PSPICE? Help ASAP 

Last post Wed, May 18 2011 8:15 AM by alokt. 1 replies.
Started by gatedne 11 Apr 2011 01:15 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 2567 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Apr 11 2011 1:15 PM

• gatedne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 11 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    How to model the following twisted pair cable in PSPICE? Help ASAP Reply

Hi all,

I have a twisted shielded differential signal pair carrying LVDS data. I have an adjacent twisted shielded power cable 28V on one line and rtn on the other. They are all in the same cable. I would like to model this for a transient response and see how a pulse on the power line effects the signal integrity on the adjacent LVDS twisted pair. I need to model the mutual L and C between all conductors ( 2 pwr and 2 signal) in the cable.

I haven't done something like this using PSPICE before and so it would be very useful to hear from someone who has modelled something like this before. 

thanks

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, May 18 2011 8:15 AM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470
    Re: How to model the following twisted pair cable in PSPICE? Help ASAP Reply
    One possible way to insert a series "L" in all four signal path and link them via one common coupling. You need to keep coupling coefficient to a low value to have loose coupling. I would connect "C" directly between two adjacent signals. 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by gatedne at 11 Apr 2011 01:15 PM. Topic has 1 replies.