Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Dynamic Shape out of date, but not accessible.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Dynamic Shape out of date, but not accessible. 

Last post Tue, Jul 8 2014 11:57 PM by mwaskett. 2 replies.
Started by mwaskett 08 Jul 2014 07:56 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 569 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jul 8 2014 7:56 AM

• mwaskett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 8 2014
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65
    Dynamic Shape out of date, but not accessible. Reply

Hi All,

I'm almost finished with my very first board layout using Allegro PCB editor 16.6 (latest hotfix June 2014), and I'm trying to generate the artwork so I can check over it and make sure it's good to send out to manufacturing. I'm having a problem when I try to create the artwork. It tells me that "Dynamic shapres are out of date; please update them. Check for out of date shapes in Setup Drawing Options dialog."

I look for the out of date shapes, and it tells me I have 1 dynamic shape that needs updating. I read that I could find out which was the offending shape by going to Display -> Status, and then clicking on the coloured button where it says "Out of date shapes." This then brings up another window. (see attached image)

As you can see from the image, the co-ordinates of the shape are way outside the limits of my drawing, and when I click on them, it tells me it cannot find the shape because it is outside the extents of the window. It is the only dynamic shape I have in my design now, as I have deleted the other 2 dynamic shapes ( GND and PWR planes).

How can I resolve this problem, and successfully generate the artwork I need? 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jul 8 2014 8:03 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,211
    • Points 19,710
    Re: Dynamic Shape out of date, but not accessible. Reply

Try a Tools - Database Check, check all the options and click on Check, once finished you can click on Viewlog to see if anything changed, then check the status report again...

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jul 8 2014 11:57 PM

• mwaskett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 8 2014
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65
    Re: Dynamic Shape out of date, but not accessible. Reply

Hi Steve, 

That fixed the problem, thanks! 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by mwaskett at 08 Jul 2014 07:56 AM. Topic has 2 replies.