Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > In footprint creation how initialize the default height for the components, in footprint creation option?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

In footprint creation how initialize the default height for the components, in footprint creation option? 

Last post Thu, Jul 10 2014 3:11 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by Dhamodharann 06 Jul 2014 11:41 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 625 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Jul 6 2014 11:41 PM

• Dhamodharann
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 4 2012
    • Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 172
    • Points 2,395
    In footprint creation how initialize the default height for the components, in footprint creation option? Reply

Hi..

I had created the sample footprint with the recommended specifications provided. After the creation of footprint, the i had saved it as package. After that specified the component height 0 to 15 mm .Then finishing the i had opened the file in saved folder. In the text document is get enabled. I had opened it, in that package height is not defined. What the mistake i had done during the footprint creation.

Thanks & Regards
    Dhamodharan

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jul 10 2014 3:11 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,445
    • Points 24,590
    Re: In footprint creation how initialize the default height for the components, in footprint creation option? Reply

The text file is a "device" file, used by some netlist formats, only the pin definitions are required within the file, there are no details of the physical footprint available, or required. The height property and value is attached to the Place Bound shape, check the Place Bound Shape properties with Show Element to see the attached properties, like Package Height Max.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Dhamodharann at 06 Jul 2014 11:41 PM. Topic has 1 replies.