Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Sweeping component parameters for many components in ADE GXL

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Sweeping component parameters for many components in ADE GXL 

Last post Sun, Jun 15 2014 7:06 PM by Kabal. 0 replies.
Started by Kabal 15 Jun 2014 07:06 PM. Topic has 0 replies and 1266 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Jun 15 2014 7:06 PM

• Kabal
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 29 2011
    • NM, NM
    • Posts 183
    • Points 2,530
    Sweeping component parameters for many components in ADE GXL Reply

Let's say I have 20 transistors in a circuit and all of them have same value of W.
    If I want to DC sweep that W as a component parameter, the tool only allows you to select one component. But I need to sweep W which is common to ALL transistors in a circuit.

How can I achieve that?

The most obvious solution was to declare a Variable and then use that variable as a W value for all transistors, then just sweep that variable. 

However, for some reason, I get total nonsense with that approach! The DC paramer values are just total crap! They do not make sense. And I verify that by saving a dc points and plotting them separately. For example, If I choose to sweep W variable which is used as a value for w parameter for all transistors, first thing I notice is, the plots of DC and the annotated DC operating points are completely different. Second, when I enter that value numerically instead of W for every transistor, and remove sweep, it shows completely different behaviour. Not sure why it is like that, it started doing that since last install of IC6.16

So the bottom line is, for some reason ADE GXL doesn't like me to achieve what I described using a regular variables.

That's why I want to know any alternative method.

And of course, I do not understand how come the voltage of some circuit nodes when plotted have one value, but annotated on schematics with another value? The initial sources have values which should force the voltages which I see in plots, but that is not the case.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Kabal at 15 Jun 2014 07:06 PM. Topic has 0 replies.