Home > Community > Forums > Mixed-Signal Design > Phase spectrum of a 16- PSK modulated signal

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Phase spectrum of a 16- PSK modulated signal 

Last post Wed, May 28 2014 3:12 AM by praveenmv. 5 replies.
Started by praveenmv 27 May 2014 12:28 AM. Topic has 5 replies and 1548 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, May 27 2014 12:28 AM

• praveenmv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 27 2014
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60
    Phase spectrum of a 16- PSK modulated signal Reply
    I am working on open loop modulation techniques which require me to analyze the phase spectrum of a signal. Are there any techniques by which I can measure the phase spectrum of the modulated signal with respect to a reference signal.(Average frequency of the modulated signal is known)
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, May 27 2014 2:38 AM

Re: Phase spectrum of a 16- PSK modulated signal Reply

What kind of analysis are you doing? I suspect that you could do this with envlp analysis - but to be honest, you've not given much info as to what  you're trying to simulate or how you're trying to simulate it.

Andrew.

• Tue, May 27 2014 3:18 AM

• praveenmv
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60
    I am realizing phase modulation by selecting a series of delayed signals of same frequency appropriately through a multiplexer. The multiplexer is controlled by a delta sigma modulator. I am interested in viewing the phase spectrum of the modulated signal. As of now I am using an ideal PFD (by knowing the reference signal and its frequency)  and getting the phase spectrum from its output. But I found that there are some shortcomings in this method. Is there a easier method by which I could get the phase information?
  • Tue, May 27 2014 3:25 AM

Don't know, sorry. Maybe somebody else can answer this (I might be able to make a suggestion if I was more familiar with the details of your system). Perhaps contacting customer support for advice would be a good idea, then we can take a look at what you're doing in more detail?

Andrew.

• Post Points: 35
  • Wed, May 28 2014 3:12 AM

• praveenmv
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60
    To be more specific and clear, I am doing a 16-PSK digital modulation wherein the digital data is the output of a delta- sigma modulator. I am interested in demodulating the same. Can I get some help on this?
    • Post Points: 5
  • Wed, May 28 2014 3:12 AM

• praveenmv
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60
    To be more specific and clear, I am doing a 16-PSK digital phase modulation wherein the digital data is the output of a delta- sigma modulator. I am interested in demodulating the same. Can I get some help on this?
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by praveenmv at 27 May 2014 12:28 AM. Topic has 5 replies.