Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > cdma_2ms_data

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

cdma_2ms_data 

Last post Thu, Jan 30 2014 5:50 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by Politekniko 28 Jan 2014 06:18 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 3412 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:18 PM

• Politekniko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 17 2014
    • Davis, CA
    • Posts 5
    • Points 100
    cdma_2ms_data Reply

Hi guys

In Cadence Virtuoso, you can use the beneficiary pwl files: cdma_2ms_idata.pwl and cdma_2ms_qdata.pwl
    Could anyone please tell me the specs of the related CDMA, especifically it frequency per channel

Thanks a lot, in advance
    Poltekniko

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:53 PM

• Tawna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 11 2008
    • Snohomish, WA
    • Posts 212
    • Points 5,625
    Re: cdma_2ms_data Reply

How the files are generated are briefly discussed here  (http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:DocumentViewer;src=pubs;q=/spectreRFTheory/spectreRFTheory13.1/chap2.html )

The files are listed as cdma_2ms_idata and cdma_2ms_qdata . The stored signals were created with the CDMA signal generator, which is also in the rfLib library located in the Cadence IC 6.1.5 and 6.1.6 hierarchies.   Note that these are sample files and they were created a number of years ago.

For actual CDMA specs, I recommend searching the web.  There is are multiple CDMA "standards" for lack of a better term.

Here is some basic info from a postgrad course in communications:  http://www.comlab.hut.fi/opetus/333/2004_2005_slides/CDMA.pdf

best regards,

Tawna

Best regards, Tawna Wilsey Staff Support AE, Global Customer Support Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
    Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, Jan 28 2014 8:47 PM

• Politekniko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 17 2014
    • Davis, CA
    • Posts 5
    • Points 100

Dear Tawna

Thanks a lot for your informative reply.
    Actually, to test my Envelope Modulator (related to Envelope Tracking Power Amplifier) I need high PAPR signals. CDMA (the pwl files we are talking about) I think its PAPR is around 3.5 dB. I should say that these pwls file have been really helpful to me.
    My question is that, is there any way to generate signals with higher PAPRs (e.g. LTE)?

Thanks a lot, 

• Thu, Jan 30 2014 5:50 AM

We have a new wireless analysis in MMSIM13.1 and IC616 (use the latest hotfix of each). This is under the envlp analysis in ADE. You place a component from rfLib - there's a source for lte, and you place a wprobe at the output.

That may do what you want. Consult the SpectreRF documentation in MMSIM13.1 for more details. There's examples in <MMSIMinstDir>/tools/dfII/examples/SpectreRF_workshop/rfworkshop.tar.Z too.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Politekniko at 28 Jan 2014 06:18 PM. Topic has 3 replies.