Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Hierarchy Editor - Setting schematic view recursively within a tree

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Hierarchy Editor - Setting schematic view recursively within a tree 

Last post Fri, Jan 3 2014 1:25 AM by cdonovan. 2 replies.
Started by cdonovan 02 Jan 2014 09:50 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1537 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:50 AM

• cdonovan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 23 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Hierarchy Editor - Setting schematic view recursively within a tree Reply

I'll try and explain my problem clearly first (sometimes there is an alternative solution).

I have a chip with distinct sections. Schematically they reside in different instances (eg I0 and I1).

I want to simulate everything within the section I0 using behavioural models and I1 with primitive models.

Within the view list I put my behavioural model before the schematic model name and that takes care of chosing the behavioural model.

For example my view list is: spectre schematic_behav cmos_sch schematic veriloga ahdl

Unfortunately this forces the I1 to also use behavioural models. While I *could* individually choose the models for the instance this is painful as there is a very large hierarchy into which I would have to decend and many individual instances (eg I1.level1.level2...   ...level20).

Is there an easy way that I can define that everything in the hierarchy I0... uses schematic_behav and everything in the hierarchy I1... uses schematic?

Thanks

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jan 2 2014 1:25 PM

Re: Hierarchy Editor - Setting schematic view recursively within a tree Reply

You can do this by setting the "inherited view list". For example, on the tree view in the hierarchy editor, find I0 and then look along and see there is a column labelled "inherited view list" or something like that (I'm doing this from memory). If you set the order of views you want in this field, it will affect anything beneath I0.

If that's not clear, I'll upload a picture (tomorrow).

Regards,

Andrew 

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jan 3 2014 1:25 AM

• cdonovan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 23 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: Hierarchy Editor - Setting schematic view recursively within a tree Reply

Great! Thats exactly what I want Andrew.

Thanks for that!

Regards,

Colm

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by cdonovan at 02 Jan 2014 09:50 AM. Topic has 2 replies.