Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > ORCAP-1228: Part is out of date with design cache but cannot update cache to resolve.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ORCAP-1228: Part is out of date with design cache but cannot update cache to resolve. 

Last post Mon, Apr 7 2014 3:54 AM by Hossein1357. 3 replies.
Started by JesseA 30 Dec 2013 02:04 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 3054 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Dec 30 2013 2:04 PM

• JesseA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 30 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    ORCAP-1228: Part is out of date with design cache but cannot update cache to resolve. Reply

When adding a part to a schematic, I sometimes get the error:

ERROR(ORCAP-1228): Part <part name> is out of date with respect to the design cache. Use Update Cache to synchronize the part in the cache with the library. 

Where <part name> shows the name of the part I am trying to place. This seems to happen only when my database (I am using CIS) points to a symbol in a specific library - the MASTER_IC library. Other parts in the same database table, but pointing to a different schematic library, work fine.

After dismissing the error, the part will be placed. However if I place a different part that also has this problem, then try to place the first symbol again, it will not place the part even when dismissing the error. This time I will also get ORCIS-6184, and I cannot place the part.

What could be wrong with my MASTER_IC library causing this problem? If not a problem with the library, what could the problem be?

The error message says to update cache, but this does not help. This happens even when a completely blank design with nothing in the cache so I do not see how the part could really be out of date with a fresh design cache in the first place. 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Dec 31 2013 2:27 AM

• Bipin Bhatt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 31 2013
    • Ahmedabad, Gujarat
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Re: ORCAP-1228: Part is out of date with design cache but cannot update cache to resolve. Reply

Hi JesseA,

It seems you must have edited part from design and not from library.

The solution is very simple, copy the part from design cache to your library and try updating cache or replace cache.

If you are using different library than original source library of the part then use replace cache option.

Filed under:
  • Tue, Jan 7 2014 9:38 AM

• JesseA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 30 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    Re: ORCAP-1228: Part is out of date with design cache but cannot update cache to resolve. Reply

As I mention in the original post, this error will happen with a competely new design with an empty cache, when placing a part from the library (using CIS). The part in the cache is not edited because there was no part in the cache.

I think what has happened is the library has been used for a long time, and has parts from old versions of OrCAD in it. I did find that if I open the library, and open a part, and then save it (without changing anything), and close the library, then when I place this part the next time, the error does not happen. Because saving the part without making any changes fixes the problem, I think the part was somehow old and re-saving the part updated it.

For my full library, the easiest fix was to make a new blank library, and copy all the parts into it. Then rename the new library to the same name as the old library, and replace it. After I did this I do not have the error any more.

• Mon, Apr 7 2014 3:54 AM

• Hossein1357
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 27 2014
    • A, 00-TR
    • Posts 109
    • Points 1,555

Hi,

I know it maybe late for answering the question. However, I have tried the below anser from Yahoo answers  and it worked for my case. It is very simple:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090926031817AAdmEO8

Bye

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by JesseA at 30 Dec 2013 02:04 PM. Topic has 3 replies.