Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Mismatch model files required for umc 180 nm process

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Mismatch model files required for umc 180 nm process 

Last post Mon, Dec 2 2013 10:46 PM by indra0804. 3 replies.
Started by indra0804 29 Nov 2013 11:16 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 828 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Nov 29 2013 11:16 PM

• indra0804
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 18 2013
    • Posts 13
    • Points 170
    Mismatch model files required for umc 180 nm process Reply
    Hi,

Can anyone share with me mismatch models for umc 180nm mixed mode, regular vt process. Or, at least if anyone could tell where or how to generate or find (in case it is already included in the umc package), that would be of great help.

In this regard, I would like to mention that I am trying to run a Monte Carlo sampling, to make some analysis for Capacitor Mismatch and I am getting an error like "ADEXL-5052--- Monte Carlo sampling stopped because no statistical data generated for the test----xxxx". I guess, this is because some statistical model file that I need to include. But, I dont know how to include that file and where to get that too. Please help....

Thanks & Regards,

Indrajit
    • Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Nov 29 2013 11:18 PM

• indra0804
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 170
    Mismatch model files required for umc 180 nm process Reply

Hi,

Can anyone share with me mismatch models for umc 180nm mixed mode, regular vt process. Or, at least if anyone could tell where or how to generate or find (in case it is already included in the umc package), that would be of great help.

In this regard, I would like to mention that I am trying to run a Monte Carlo sampling, to make some analysis for Capacitor Mismatch and I am getting an error like "ADEXL-5052--- Monte Carlo sampling stopped because no statistical data generated for the test----xxxx". I guess, this is because some statistical model file that I need to include. But, I dont know how to include that file and where to get that too. Please help....

Thanks & Regards,

Indrajit

• Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Nov 30 2013 1:22 AM

Re: Mismatch model files required for umc 180 nm process Reply

Hi Indrajit,

Nobody will be able to share the models here as they are UMC's IP and that would be breaking license agreements with the foundry. 

I'm not familiar with the PDK or models in particular (maybe somebody else can explain the procedure for this technology), but the right thing to do is to ask whoever provided you with the models/PDK (UMC, or an organisation such as EuroPractice if you're from a University).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Dec 2 2013 10:46 PM

• indra0804
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 170
    Re: Mismatch model files required for umc 180 nm process Reply

Hi Andrew,

Thanx for the reply. I got your point, obviously no one can share the model files in this public forum. Yes, I am a university student and don't exactly know whom to ask for, but thats fine, I will figure that out with time.

For the moment, if someone who is habituated to usingUMC 180nm technology, can share some knowledge like how much % of mismatch variation can be expected in unit capacitance (MIMCAP) , that would be very helpful for me for getting a rough estimation.

Regards,

Indrajit

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by indra0804 at 29 Nov 2013 11:16 PM. Topic has 3 replies.