Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to get Transform data of elements within a Mosaic

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to get Transform data of elements within a Mosaic 

Last post Tue, Nov 19 2013 8:43 AM by RonSill. 3 replies.
Started by RonSill 14 Nov 2013 06:57 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1750 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Nov 14 2013 6:57 AM

• RonSill
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 14 2011
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 10
    • Points 125
    How to get Transform data of elements within a Mosaic Reply

I am using  dbGetTrueOverlaps to extract data under my cursor through all levels of hierarchy. Ultimately I am striving to get the closest vertex of a path embeded down in the hierarchy to my current (top level) cursor location. I have no problem getting this resolved through all levels of hierarchy with one exception, Mosaics. I currently use dbGetHierPathTransform to transform the data up to my top level but if the elements are within a Mosaic then it always transforms the element data to be where it exists within the original (column 1 row 1) array instance. So if, for example, my cursor is over a path within row 2 column 5  instance of the array I do not get the location I need. It always returns col 1 row 1 equivalent. Is there some way to use  dbGetHierPathTransform to get accurate mosiac data specific to the instance location within the array? Or am I going to have to just do the math and multiply the offsets by the number of rows and columns?

Ron

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Nov 14 2013 8:17 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 396
    • Points 7,445
    Re: How to get Transform data of elements within a Mosaic Reply

Are you using the last argument of dbGetTrueOverlaps which optionally returns the row/column information of overlaps in a mosaic? By default, the row/column information is not returned, so you must set the last argument to t. dbGetHierPathTransform is a relatively new function (not available in 5.1.41), so I have never used it before. I had to write my own code to parse the dbGetTrueOverlaps and do the mosaic transformation. Let me know if the row/col information does the trick and I'll update my code to use this new dbGetHierPathTransform. It would be much simpler.

dbGetTrueOverlaps(
    d_cellView
    l_bBox
    [ l_layerPurposePair ]
    [ lx_level ]
    [ g_doRowCol ]
    )
    => ld_fig | nil

Derek

• Post Points: 35
  • Thu, Nov 14 2013 12:45 PM

• RonSill
    • Not Ranked
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 10
    • Points 125

Early look at this looks promising, but I've been pulled onto something else for a bit so will let you know more when I get back onto this but it looks like the row column set to t is getting me just what I need. Thanks!

• Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Nov 19 2013 8:43 AM

• RonSill
    • Not Ranked
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Posts 10
    • Points 125

This did the trick! Worked perfectly for what I needed. Thanks again!

Ron

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RonSill at 14 Nov 2013 06:57 AM. Topic has 3 replies.